1. Publicist/Media Relations Specialist
Chicago Law Firm
This critical role:
- Secures regular, meaningful media coverage in top-tier global outlets.
- Proactively and opportunistically pitches the firm and strategic initiatives using a variety of methods.
- Mine media opportunities from within the social media and legal communities.
- Respond to media inquiries in an effective and timely manner.
- Build and sustain relationships with key journalists in top-tier global, national, regional and local top print, Web and broadcast outlets.
- Posting to social media sites, writing Opeds, news releases and firm victories.
- Manage social media initiatives and events.
- Monitor trends and and social media spaces
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired. Preferred 1-3 years social media experience. In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.). Excellent writing skills. Effective communications skills, both written and verbal. Good knowledge of SEO.Previous leadership, planning and project management experience.
This is a full-time position. Please submit your resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Freelance Journalists
The Daily Herald
The Herald is looking for freelance writers to bolster its coverage of the suburbs. Journalism degree a must, as is newspaper experience. Stories range from community news features to coverage of local government. Pay is negotiable per story.
Send resume and 3 clips to email@example.com. Put “freelance opportunity” in subject line of email.