Illinois Woman’s Press Association (since 1885) is an organization of communications professionals working in newspaper, radio, television, public relations, marketing, advertising, freelance writing, magazines, books, and other fields. IWPA is an affiliate of the National Federation of Press Women.
The IWPA offers:
- Regular programming including networking events, workshops and other gatherings related to the fields of authorship and communications.
- Member public relations support via IWPA social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Inclusion on the distribution list for the IWPA’s chief communications vehicle, PenPoints, the Association’s quarterly newsletter. Highlights include: member profiles, IWPA history, Association news and event recaps.
- The opportunity to promote your published work on the IWPA’s website via our Authors’ Pages.
- Access to low-cost promotional space at the IWPA tent as part of the annual Chicago Tribune Printer’s Row Lit Fest.
- Unlimited submissions to the annual Mate E. Palmer Communications Contest, and attendance at the annual awards luncheon.
- Access to information and opportunities of relevant professional interest.
2020 dues for the IWPA/NFPW professional member are $105.00, or $40.00 for retirees.
For just $35, student members of the IWPA/NFPW enjoy all the same benefits as professionals, as well as the opportunity to amass those all-important professional bylines that will beef up portfolios for those entering the job market. Write feature stories for PenPoints, the IWPA’s quarterly newsletter that can also be entered for consideration in the annual Mate E. Palmer Communications Contest.
Students may join the Illinois Woman’s Press Association ONLY for just $10.
Want more information?
E-mail IWPA Membership Chair Janina Williams at: firstname.lastname@example.org